Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sketches for New Painting


Speaking of new paintings, I've started these sketches almost two months ago but didn't finish them in time for Jill and Terence's wedding (the painting was going to be their wedding present). Soooo....I'm hopefully going to finish it during reading week, and then I can give it to them while I'm back in Toronto. Fingers crossed!

Here is the actual composition sketch for the painting (above)

This is the close up of the second owl (it'll go in the foreground)

And....here are the two little guys who sit on the window ledge in front of my desk. I see them everyday and it's become an inside joke between Tasia and I that they represent the two of us (in a "plasticine friendship" kinda way)!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. bwahahahaha, oh maki/pokey! Love these sketches.....however, I'm still waiting for a narwhal sketch.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, why didn't I think of that? Good idea!! (and cute too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Maki, it's happening....I'm about to start "spamming" your blog ;)

    Also, I've choosen you as one of my recipients for the Versatile Blogger and Stylish Blogger awards, check out my page for further instructions! Congrats ;) Love your blog!
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com/2011/02/fashion-awardz.html

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    p.s. where did you say that accelerated aging article was from again????

    ReplyDelete
  4. those owls are so cool, i love owls.

    http://adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete